07 Sep Recipes for the Beachfront Chef
The McKinley Beach Community has beachfront cooking areas set up for resident’s use; whether it’s an evening by the campfire, the need to satiate a craving for s’mores, or a full out dinner under the stars on a crisp late-summer evening. This week we wanted to share just a few recipes ideas for your outdoor cooking pleasure . . .
GRILLED STEAK, POTATO, AND MUSHROOM KABOBS
- 1 pound steak
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 pound small potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the steak into 1-inch chunks and add to a rimmed baking pan along with the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano. Pour over the steak and mushrooms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Thread the marinated steak and mushrooms, along with the potatoes, onto skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill kabobs for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until meat is cooked to desired doneness. Re-season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
**This recipe and more can be found at LetsDishRecipes.com
GRILLED HAWAIIAN BARBECUE CHICKEN IN FOIL
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bbq sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple slices (including juice)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- green onions, for garnish
- Heat grill to medium heat. Cut 4 sheets, enough to wrap the chicken and veggies, of heavy duty foil. Place chicken on center of aluminum foil and divide the veggies and add 2-3 pineapple slices into each packet.
- In a bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, and garlic. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce on the chicken and make sure to reserve about ¼ cup.
- Place chicken packets onto grill and grill for 13-15 minutes flipping at about 7 minutes.To serve carefully open packets, baste with reserve sauce and garnish with green onions.
**This recipe and more can be found at TheRecipeCritic.com
S’MORES CAMPFIRE CONES
- 12 Sugar or Waffle Cones
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips
- optional: Butterscotch Chips
- Fill each cone with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Head on the grill for 7 – 10 minutes. Keep away from direct flames. (This is also great in the oven!)
- Unwrap and enjoy. Be careful as contents may be hot.
**This recipe and more can be found at FrugalCouponLiving.com